A forthcoming training workshop to strengthen the third countries capacity to participate actively in the work of International Standard-Setting Bodies within the Better Training for Safer Food initiative and funded by the European Commission.
The workshop will be carried out in Morocco (Mohammedia). It is scheduled with a three-day duration and will commence on Monday 25th May and end on Wednesday 27 th May.
The main topics to be addressed during the workshop are:
– History and role of IPPC
– Elaboration of standards
– Role of IPPC regional committees
– Description and activities of IPPC committees
– Simulation exercise on preparation of national positions and Standards Committee
– Mock IPPC Session standards setting committee: International movement of growing media in
association with plants for planting
– Mock IPPC Session standards setting committee: Approval of new standards
– De-briefing and conclusions