The Governing Council met from 2 to 3 June 2021.
The virtual meeting was attended by representatives of Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Syria, Sudan and Tunisia.
At this meeting, the Governing Council adopted the following:
- Annual Report 2017-2021.
- Financial Report 2017-2021. The Council adopted the new contributions of the Member States (by doubling them). They will enter into force in 2022. the recommendations of the Executive Committee relating to the current members and their replacement as well as those relating to the creation of the 2 subsidiary bodies
- The Staff Regulations and the Regulations of the Social Security and Health Care Fund for the Staff of the Organization
- Amendments to the Agreement establishing NEPPO and the establishment of a Financial Committee
- the Financial Regulations of the Organization the Work Programme and budget for the financial year 2021-2022:
- give priority this year to virtual activities unless circumstances allow face-to-face activities such as the ePhyto and to support subsidiary bodies,
- settle the situation of staff and arrears of contributions of member countries in 2021 and 2022.
- The strategic framework 2021-2030
- Pest Risk Analysis for Xylella fastidiosa