EPPO/NEPPO Workshop on ‘Toward an harmonized implementation of International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures No. 7 ‘Phytosanitary Certification System’ and No. 12 ‘Phytosanitary Certificates’’
(20-22 November 2012)
- The International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) and International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs), EPPO and its activities, aims of the workshop by Mr. Arnitis, Director-General of EPPO.
- NEPPO and its activities, by Mr. Chouibani, Director-General of NEPPO.
- Presentation of the scope, history, basic elements of ISPM 7 and 12 and latest developmentsof by Mr. Unger, Julius Kühn Institut (JKI), Germany and Mr. Horn, Plant Protection Service of the Netherlands.
Session 1:Exchange of practice and of understanding of ISPMs 7 & 12 across countries
- Implementation of ISPM 7 & 12 in Turkey, by Mr Birisik, Ministry of Food Agriculture and Livestock, Turkey
- Implementation of ISPM No.7 and No.12 in France at the national and regional level, by Ms Pacheco, Ministère de l’agriculture, de l’agroalimentaire et de la forêt, France
- ISPM 12 implementation and the current worldwide implementation. The Italian experience, by Mr Finelli, Servizio Fitosanitario Regione Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Session 2 Continuation of exchange of practice and of understanding of ISPMs 7 & 12 across countries
- Implementation of ISPM 7 & 12 in Latvia , by Ms Kjago, State Plant Protection Service, Latvia
- Implementation of ISPM 7 & 12 in Algeria, by Ms Ziouche, Ministry of agriculture of Algeria
- Implementation of ISPM 7 & 12 in the Netherlands, by Mr Horn, Plant Protection Service of the Netherlands
Session 3:Toward an harmonized implementation and a common understanding of ISPM 7 and further developments of ISPM 12
- Export certification: a UK perspective, by Mr Kilby, Food & Environment Research Agency, UK
- Issuing Phytosanitary certificates in Switzerland, by Mr von Felten, Swiss Federal Plant Protection Service SPPS
- Implementation of e-phytosanitary certificates, by Mr Horn, Plant Protection Service of the Netherlands