Following the revision of the IPPC standard setting procedure adopted by CPM-11 (2016), consultations on draft ISPMs will last 90 days and will take place from 1 July to 30 September 2016.
The following draft ISPMs including diagnostic protocols (DP) will be available for consultation through the new Online Comment System (OCS).
First consultation (English, French and Spanish):
- Amendments to ISPM 5(2016): Glossary of phytosanitary terms (1994-001)
- Revision of ISPM 6: National surveillance systems (2009-004)
- Requirements for the use of temperature treatments as phytosanitary measures (2014-005)
- DP for Phytophthora ramorum (2004-013)
- DP for Fusarium circinatum (2006-021)
- DP for Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum (2013-001)
Second consultation (English only):
- Annex Arrangements for verification of compliance of consignments by the importing country in the exporting country (2005-003) to ISPM 20 (Guidelines for a phytosanitary import regulatory system)
- International movement of vehicles, machinery and equipment (2006-004)
- International movement of seeds (2009-003)
Third consultation (English only):
- International movement of growing media in association with plants for planting (2005-004)
- International movement of wood (2006-029)
The notification period on draft DPs will also start on 1st July; these are not open for comments but contracting parties may however submit an objection to their adoption: https://www.ippc.int/en/core-activities/standards-setting/draft-ispms/notification-period-dps/
You will be able to reach the new OCS at https://ocs-new.ippc.int/; your login details will be communicated shortly.
Contact points of IPPC contracting parties will be granted one account by default. Should you wish to have internal reviewers (up to 4 additional users per country), please contact the IPPC Secretariat. Contact points of relevant international organizations wishing to comment on draft ISPMs should formally request liaison status by submitting a request to the IPPC Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a page with their contact details on the IPPC website prior to requesting OCS access.
For those attending IPPC regional workshops: you may be required to enter comments in the system prior to the workshop. As the new system is still undergoing a customization of the external sharing function, please only add final or semi-final comments in the system, as comments will be shared with all other users.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: IPPC-OCS@fao.org.
Training material on the new OCS is available at https://www.ippc.int/en/online-comment-system/