The IPPC Seminar «Stop the Red Palm Weevil. Contribution of the IPPC to prevent the entry and spread of this pest» will be held under the auspices of the Permanent Representation of Saudi Arabia to FAO at the Sheikh Zayed Center on Wednesday 29th of March 2017 from 12.30 to 13.30.
The full programme can be found below:
- Introductory Remarks by Dr. Jingyuan Xia, IPPC Secretary.
- Opening Remarks by H.E. Mohammed Ahmed M. Alghamdi, Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to FAO.
- Lessons learnt from the management of the Red Palm Weevil by Dr. Michel Ferry, Scientific Director of the Phoenix Research Station, French National Institute for Agricultural Research.
- How implementing the IPPC standards contributes to effective management of the Red Palm Weevil? by Ms. Sarah Brunel, Capacity Development Officer from the IPPC.
- Regional and National Perspectives of Red Palm Weevil management in Maghreb countries by Dr. Mekki Chouibani, the Executive Director of NEPPO; Dr. Fethia Helalli, NPPO of Tunisia to present the Tunisian experience to manage Red Palm Weevil.